9.24.2010

Bikeman Page 15

Hey everybody!  Sorry about the lack of blog posts lately.  My life has been on a slippery slope of increasing busyness. 

First, about two weeks ago, we had our orientation for the new students that enrolled this year.  We all got a chance to introduce themselves, go over the program, and then show them around the campus.  Some of them had been here before on portfolio days or individual visits, but it was still exciting to show them around the crock-pot of awesome where they'll be making some REALLY AMAZING comics for the next two years.  There is a real spread in the styles and artistic backgrounds of all the new students, and I'm really pumped to see what's produced. 

Since that following Monday fell on Labor day, we got a long weekend!  The following first week of class went well.  The visiting artist was fellow faculty member Steve Bissette.  A selection of work from his personal collection is currently hanging in the Colodny Gallery.  He gave a really amazing talk about the separate pieces in the show, and how they are important to him as an artist.  One of my new duties this year at the school is to introduce the visiting artists.  For some reason, I have zero problem with talking to my class, but I still get the heebie jeebies when I have to address the WHOLE SCHOOL.  I know that it was first week jitters, and it'll probably blow over.

THAT WEEKEND was SPX!  I know that SPX is almost 2 weeks behind us at this point, but all I want to say is that it was a BLAST!  Alec and I had out new pinball zine, I had a new Bikeman book, and I was in more collaborations than I can count.  I met a lot of great, new cartoonists and connected with a lot of my best buds from my old SCAD days!  The trip down was taxing (10 hours!) but it was sooo worth it, it's not funny. 

I will make another post this weekend about what's going on.  I don't want to weight you all down with text.  In the meantime, here's another FBI illustration.  DON'T TELL ANYONE!


No comments: