8.26.2010

Food Find





 Man oh man, I love food!  I used to be a bigger guy...I'd go as far to say that I was a chubby kid for most of my formative years. About two years ago, though, I decided to get my act together and ended up losing 70 lbs.  In the process, I found SO MANY FOODS that are super duper good, and now, are near and dear to my heart.  I'm pretty obsessed with bok choy right now, and pears.

One of my favorite low-fat recipes that I've found recently was this ice cream substitute made primarily out of bananas.

It's pretty much the best thing ever.  You can really add whatever sort of fruit you want to it, and it absolutely quenches all of my ice cream cravings.

The recipe comes courtesy of AmyBites.  I've tried a lot of her recipes and they're pretty much all gold.  Here's my favorites:

Banana "Ice Cream"
Healthy Baked Mac and Cheese
Pumpkin Cake

Well try 'em if ya like, Bikeman page tomorrow!

2 comments:

submarinesubmarine said...

I tried the banana ice-cream substitute last night, with some peanut butter. It was really good. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, dating and living with an awesome food blogger like Amy is probably the BEST. THING. EVER.